Treating Customers Fairly
Forces Advice Ltd is committed to ensuring the Financial Conduct Authority principles of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ (TCF) are embedded in all areas of our day to day business activities.
In adopting the TCF principles we believe the fair treatment of our clients is best achieved by adding value to the service we provide by aiming to:
Protect the interests of our clients at each stage of the process, from the initial meeting right through to any implementation of products or services.
Provide a transparent, efficient and professional service that is regularly reviewed in order to identify areas for improvement following client feedback.
In practical terms we believe this means:
- Ensuring that TCF values are understood and supported by all of our staff and encouraging them to implement the TCF principles in their day to day business activities.
- All of our advisers are committed to and undertake continual professional development and our all of our staff are remunerated to encourage them to deal with clients fairly and impartially and to continually seek ways to improve the service we provide to our clients.
- Ensuring that our advisers receive appropriate training on all products they advise on and understand for whom these products are suitable.
- Ensuring that all client communications are clear, concise and free of jargon. • Ensuring that promotional material is compliant and free of jargon.
- Keeping detailed records of client instructions, their personal circumstances, attitude to risk and the information and options given before, during and after the initial process. We believe this will help us to ensure that we ‘Treat Customers Fairly’ and enable us to deal with any complaints that may arise fairly, promptly and impartially and in line with the rules of our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Ensuring that all staff are kept up to date with relevant training in relation to competence, Data Protection, the principles of TCF and other matters directly affecting the quality of service offered to our clients.
- Monitoring and reporting on all of the above TCF activities as part of the firm’s Management Information in order to assess TCF performance across all parts of the business and recommend changes where appropriate.