Military kit insurance
If you work for the British Armed Forces, you’ll have been issued with permanent and temporary kit. You might have to replace some or all of this out of your own pocket if they get lost, damaged or stolen. Military kit insurance protects you from this risk.
Whether you’re working for the British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Marines or RAF, we provide quality HM Armed Forces kit insurance. Get the peace of mind you need by having the right cover in place.
Why you need military kit insurance
As ex-military ourselves, we know how easy it is to lose or damage your kit. When you’re on duty, you’ve got a lot on your mind. You’ll be working long hours and you might be sleep-deprived – it’s easy to make a mistake.
But a little mistake could cost you a lot of money, if you’re not insured. The British Armed Forces provide you with a kit which is top of the range. Depending on where you’re working, this could include:
- Combat body armour and boots
- Multi-terrain pattern (MTP) combat clothing
- Personal Load Carrying Equipment (PLCE)
- Personal Role Radio (PRR)
Aside from your issued kit, you’ll also own personal belongings which could be annoying and costly to replace. These might include:
- Mobile phone
- Laptop or tablet computer
- MP3 player
- Games console
- Sports gear, such as skis or a surfboard
- Personal clothing
- Valuables, such as rings, watches and neck chains
- General room contents
Does military kit insurance just cover my kit?
No. It covers you for a lot more than that.
Imagine if you accidentally damaged the block, mess or your quarters. Military kit insurance would cover you for that, known as your “licence to occupy” liability.
Got kids at boarding school or university? Kit insurance for military personnel could even cover their belongings while they’re away from home.
Happy with your quote and want to proceed Call 0333 772 0613 and one of our advisors will be happy to find you the best policy at the best price.
Military kit insurance features
These benefits apply equally if you’re Army, Navy, Royal Marines or RAF:
- Cover for uniform and kit issued on a permanent or temporary basis.
- Insurance for your purchased uniform and kit.
- Cover for your civilian clothing.
- Cover for your personal effects, including valuables, sports equipment, specified laptops, iPods and MP3 players.
- Liability to cover accidental damage to your mess or quarter accommodation.
- Personal legal liability. This pays your legal costs if an incident caused by you injures others or damages their property.
- Home or room contents.
- Option to include pedal cycles.
- Cover for children’s personal effects at boarding school/university.
Give us a call on 0333 772 0613 to get a no-obligation quote for military kit insurance, including any optional add-ons you might need.